RESEARCH & LEARN
Investing in Ethnicity was launched in 2016 in response to UK employers openly admitting that there wasn’t enough focus on the ethnicity agenda in the workplace, and that they needed more knowledge and guidance on best practice in order to progress.
• We have engaged over 200 employers in relation to best practice.
• Our Action Groups offer small group structured sessions to share how to implement the ethnicity agenda.
CEO PLEDGE REACH
• SOCIAL MEDIA: We reached 500K people through the week’s launch.
• ONLINE: Over 57k impressions [15k unique visitors].
• PRESS: Over 50k reach, including The Times, Guardian, City AM, The Voice, Independent and Huffington Post.
EDUCATE & START CONVERSATIONS
• 184 organisations attended the inaugural conference
• BAME Leadership & inclusive training, best practice and ‘Let’s Talk’ sessions
• The 2019 conference was held at the Bank of England
MATURITY MATRIX LAUNCH
Investing in Ethnicity has taken a further step to respond to that need by creating the Maturity Matrix, with the backing of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Governance and Inclusive Leadership (GAIL). The function of the Matrix is to equip and encourage businesses to make more progress by sharing best practice recommendations through the time-efficient benchmarking process.
ALL-PARTY PARLIAMENTARY GROUP
• Launched in Parliament to help businesses
• 52 organisations completed and submitted, a further 30 using the tool in 2018
APPG ETHNICITY PAY REPORT LAUNCHED
The Government closed a consultation on Ethnicity Pay Reporting in 2019, which had posed questions about what ethnicity pay information should be reported by employers to allow for meaningful action. It’s widely anticipated that much like Gender Pay Gap Reporting, Ethnicity Pay Reporting will become mandatory as a result.
ETHNICITY AWARDS LAUNCH
• Winners include Emeli Sande, Marcus Rashford and business leaders
• Bringing community, charity, MPs, press, public figures and business together to celebrate those making a difference
BEST PRACTICE & STRATEGY
Membership helps to assist organisations with moving the dial on this agenda through collaboration on best practice. The Maturity Matrix helps give a starting point to help us inform on strategy, so you can concentrate on progress.
Action Groups give inclusion specialists guidance around best practice, including the latest thinking. It is both a time and cost-efficient way to gain momentum on this agenda within your organisation.
2.) ALLIES & INCLUSIVE LEADERS
We launched the Allies toolkit, which has since been circulated throughout organisations. We have since worked with allies and inclusive leaders through our digital workshops and programmes. Sessions ensure they have the tools to create positive and practical actions within the workplace.
FUTURE LEADERS & NETWORKS
Our Future Leader track 2021 has been revamped to include peer mentoring groups and aid support and external networking with a purpose. Workshops and inspirational live streams through the app give participants additional support, tips and career advice. We also run Employee Resource Group / Network Group workshops, which give latest thinking and help external collaboration.